Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 15:44:17 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de
Cc:        gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bsd.ports.mk checksum

 * When one has extracted & compiled 800M of ports, & starts to maintain ports
 * off the net, & regularly compiles ports, if one takes the 200M of distfiles
 * on the cd-rom off line, to look at other cd-roms, md5 fails on `make all'.

Well, I can add a variable to make it not abort at failed checksum
errors.  Is that ok for you?  If you take the CDROM offline, you'll
just get a warning message.

By the way, if you want to do a "build all ports" check, the correct
way to do this is to do a "make clean" and then "make package" (or
"make install").  bsd.port.mk has been designed to work best that way.

 * I hope it wasn't just slipped through by a minority of one ;-)

Hey, cut these kind of garbage, ok?

Satoshi