Date:      Sun, 5 Nov 1995 15:19:48 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        grog@lemis.de
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More nits

Greg Lehey stands accused of saying:
> I'm not really bitching about this.  I tend to agree that 4MB is too
> little memory for anything useful, but I still think it's worth
> drawing to people's attention that we *don't* want a System V, and
> that there are virtues in small, lean systems.  And I agree that now
> that the config stuff is a permanent component of the kernel, it
> probably won't go away.  All the more reason to bear the problems in
> mind before starting the project.

Just to point out that detaching userconfig() would be _very_ simple; if
anyone wants diffs to add a NOUSERCONFIG option I'll happily produce them.

> Greg

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[