Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 1996 23:35:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Wes Santee" <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cc in FreeBSD

Garrett A. Wollman sez:

> > Not sure if this question is apropos for the Questions list, but is
> > there a switch in the cc for FreeBSD (gcc 2.6.3, looks like) that
> > allows C++-style comments in a C source file?
>
> Nope.  Try this:
>
> perl -spi.bak -e 's,//(.*)$,/*$1 */,' *.c

You guys are simply amazing.  That's all there is to it.  Here I was
being pretty glib about writing this in about 4 lines of Perl code and
it comes back to me demonstrated in one.  Wow.  (I guess to be fair, 2
of those lines were the equivilant of the '-p' switch which I didn't
know about).  Good show!

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>  |                                )