Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:35:26 -0800
From:      navell@ix.netcom.com (FRED BENS)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Copying files to DOS partitions ?

I have installed BSD version 2.1 and am able to read the data stored on
an 8mm tape in tar format. I need to pass the data to a dos filesystem
where it can be processed and sent to a tester via a Pathworks network
to a VAX. Copying the files to the DOS formatted partition via :
"cp filename /dev/sd0s2" seems to be executing but the DOS programs do
not see the data . In fact ,it wipes out the known dos files on the
partition. I have used LINUX to do this sucessfully but I have had
other problems with it using the tar command with the same 8mm tape
drive. I have run out of ideas on what to try next and would appreciate
any assistance you can offer.

Fred Bens
email address : navell@ix.netcom.com