Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 1996 17:07:19 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding a damn 2nd disk

(I'm really pissed, so I probably shouldn't be sending this. I'll
try not to flame, no promises though.)

*Why* the hell is adding a 2nd disk to a currently running OS Guru
level lore?

It should be a turnkey operation like it is on other UNIX.

Searching the archives and the docs produces *no* useful information,
other than the fact that this is a FAQ and no one seems to answer it.

Yet the sysinstall program knows how to do it. Is that magic code
repackagable somewhere as "installdisk" or something?

Oh, and using the current sysinstall program only succeeded in
removing all the device nodes on my current partition.

So to summarize: WHY ISN'T THIS EASIER and WHAT CAN SOMEONE DO
TO MAKE IT EASIER.

Feh.
------
         >>> Dave Hayes - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org <<<

    What seems to be absurdity and is not,
       is better than the ignorance of the man who thinks it is absurd.