Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 1996 23:53:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        jbrann@panix.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Conner CFP1080S - bad drive??

> But mine has run like a trouper for a year (I would guess >360 days up time)
> with zero problems.  Talk about tempting fate...

My original drive did run for about six months just fine.

> Seriously, given that a second drive does the same thing, what's with
> the controller?

Well,

I am using an Adaptec 2940W (same as you?) and I have 4 other drives
none of which have problems (dat/cdrom/jaz/quantum hd).  Removing the
conner solves all problems.  Add it back and I have problems again.
I've checked with adaptec and I do have their latest BIOS.