Date:      Sat, 04 May 1996 17:22:41 -0700
From:      Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org (freebsd-current)
Subject:   Re: ahc driver no longer sees one of my disks

  From: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>

  The driver uses DELAY() to perform the SCSI bus reset.  Perhaps its not
  long enough in your new system.  My other guess is that the bus settle
  delay isn't long enough.  What's the value of SCSIDELAY in your kernel?
  Is DELAY() really so dependant on the CPU speed?  Can we get a better
  DELAY() macro?

The delay macro, is by definition, processor speed independant.
If it changes significantly, then it's broken.