Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 10:06:25 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john@starfire.mn.org
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD questions)
Subject:   parallel ports and carriage returns

Please reply directly, as I do not subscribe to this list.

Is there a "text book" solution to providing CR for parallel printers
that need it?  I could write a small C program, or use sed or awk,
but it seems like there ought to be an expected way to do something
which I would think is rather commonly needed.  I checked the docs
for printcap, lpd, lpr, lpt, and lptcontrol (thought maybe the driver
could it itself), but didn't find any clear clues.

Thanks for your help!

Please reply directly, as I do not subscribe to this list.

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417