Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 1996 14:33:59 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   hylafax configuration help needed

I installed hylafax (v3pl0) on my home machine (2.2-current) and
some problems come up:

The modem is a noname internal modem. faxaddmodem detected it as
as manufacturer 'EXAR'. During the installation some childprocess
of faxaddmodem was hitting in between the installation dialog
always saying that something got 'hung with your modem - eh?'.
After the installation had finished that backgroundprocess was still
spitting this message and I killed it.

Now I thought the idea is to add a line
ttyd1 "/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty" dialup on
in my /etc/ttys and so I did.

What's weird now is that I can't use /dev/cuaa1 for dialout anymore.
Kermit: Device busy. cu: /dev/cuaa1: Line in use

Solution ?