Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 1996 16:21:16 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        aarond@btc.adaptec.com
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PS/Valuepoint and keyboard hang on install

> > > I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.1 Release on an IBM  PS/Valuepoint
> > > 6384, and get a keyboard lock once everything boots.  I saw a
> > > similar question in the mailing list database, but never saw a
> > > resolution, and email bounces when I try to ask the person that sent
> > > it.
> >
> > 1)	Disable the psm driver initially
> >
> > 	boot -c
> > 	visual
> > 	<disable the psm0 driver>
> >

> I don't see a psm0 driver.  Once I get to visual, under input devices
> I have bus mouse (mse0) and syscons (sc0?).  This is on the 2.1
> release boot disk.  Am I missing something?

Argh.  You may need to get a boot disk from Nate Williams; is this
a PS/2 style keyboard interface?  Do you know if the keyboard starts
in mode 3?

This may be settable via advanced CMOS setup.  You probably need the
keyboard controller to explicitly set mode 1.  I know the pccons
(pc0 instead of sc0) code should do this.

If you can't contact Nate directly, then try reposting under a subject
like:

"Keyboard lockup on PS/Valuepoint boot -- anyone have same?"

To make it less easy to dismiss as an install problem.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.