Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 16:27:21 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
Cc:        "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>, hardware@FreeBSD.org, gj@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cyrix and AMD chips

Hi, Reference:
> From: "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@HeadCandy.com>
> Subject: Re: Cyrix and AMD chips

> >From jhs@freebsd.org
> ># Only certainty is: AMD chips are Not always plug compatible.
>
> >	I 100% agree -- not always compatible; not to mention the fact
> >	that early Enhanced Am486 chips were ummm... say, crap,
> >	and non-enhanced ones generally sucked, too -- compared to Intel.
>
> From "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
> I *strongly* disagree.

Not sure if you disagree with Andrew's bit or my bit, if mine:
  A pity you aren't in Munich, I think one of those chips is still in Munich,
  I still have those same 2 boards (I bough Gary J's off him a while ago),
  I never bet money, but I'd have bet you an indian meal +drinks,
  that I could reproduce the failure :-)

> What vintage chips are you speaking of?

Can't remember, Ask Rod Grimes or Gary Jennejohn.

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/