Date:      	Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:09:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      travis@renaissoft.com (Travis Campbell)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ethernet cards:  3c509B or NE2000 clone

G'day folks,

I'm currently looking for an ethernet card for use on a 2.1-R system;  a local
computer consultant suggested that I get a 3com 3c509B Combo [about $100 from
him] or an NE2000 clone [about $30].  Before I commit to buying one of the
cards from him, I'd like to get recommendations from the FreeBSD community on
which I should buy.

How stable are the drivers for these two cards in 2.1R?

THe particulars of this system, just in case you need to know:
486dx2  66Mhz on a VLB motherboard and 16 megs of RAM.

Thanks,
Travis
--
|    Travis Campbell    |"Some people claim that the UNIX learning curve is  |
| travis@renaissoft.com | steep, but atleast you only have to climb it once."|