Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 13:30:46 +0000 ()
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5x86

> >Maybe a perusal of the list archives, available through a searchable
> >WWW interface on the FreeBSD WWW pages is in order in that case rather
> >than re-asking the question?
>
> I asked the same question some days ago... but nobody answered, that why
> he didn't find it.

Nonetheless, this question has been asked many times before (indeed
I remember answering one in the last week or two), and it's much
quicker to look in the archives yourself than wait for the list to
come up with an answer...

Although I've only ever used Intel CPU's (not because of any particular
reason, it just so happened that the machines I've used had them), I've
not seen any bad reports from people who've used others.  The only
one I would have qualms about using is the old Cyrix 486 clone (the
one with 1kB of cache and no FPU).