Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 1996 19:44:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        karl@mcs.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports explosion

 * cannot open /disk/ports/archivers/zip/patches/patch-*: no such file

 * Looks like the patch file is missing.  I'll keep reporting these as I find
 * them...

Actually, the patches directory is not supposed to be there.  My guess
is that you did a "cvs update" without the "-P" (prune) option.

At any rate, reporting how you got the port in question (ftp, sup,
cvs, from where), would really help in diagnosing these problems.

Satoshi