Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 1996 13:09:11 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      "Hr.Ladavac" <lada@ws2301.gud.siemens.co.at>
To:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Transitive Closure--a Question for Terry

Hi all, especially Terry.

The term "Transitive Closure" and its calculation has been
repeatedly mentioned in this forum (list, whatever.)

My personal question is what does it mean to you.  To be
honest, I've never stumbled upon the term before, and the
fact that the graph theory textbooks I read were in Russian
is probably no help either.

My gut tells me it has to do with cycle detection/prevention
in a directed graph, but I cannot be sure.

If so, the obvious algorithms to use are very simple, albeit
not deterministic in time, with the worst case of O(N**2)
IIRC.

/Marino