Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 17:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu
Cc:        scott@statsci.com, jkh@time.cdrom.com, andreas@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/graphics/xv Makefile

 * This seems like one of those religious issues, that is bound to completely
 * irritate everyone, no matter how you do it.  Why can't we have clean, and
 * squeeky-clean?  (No, I can't make up a better name, I'm lousy at that).  I

That's a good idea.  I was also thinking about making the
chain-cleaning depend on an environment variable
NO_CHAIN_CLEAN_DEPENDS (or some such), so people who does ports
development and has gobs of disk space can do the cleaning themselves,
while ordinary users can "make install clean" and forget about the
rest.

Satoshi