Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 12:45:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        postmaster@freebsd.org, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Queue deletions

> In a desparate attempt to get my machine to let me do useful work, I
> deleted about 600 queued messages on my machine (the .edu relay).
> The messages deleted had envelope recipients of:
>
> 	ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu (400)
> 	jadeite@light.pomona.edu (180)
>
> and were accumulated over this past weekend.  These individuals should
> be removed from the mailing-lists until they can produce an address
> which is connected full-time.

I have some of these types of messages as well... particularly

<freebsd@trogon.kiwi.net>
<news@cview.com>
<isp@shaft.uglies.com>

While they are a mild nuisance I only have 337 messages in the queue.

With a little luck I may soon move mail.freebsd.sol.net someplace else,
with a faster CPU, more memory, and sixty times the network bandwidth.
But even as it currently stands, I am not "upset" with the mail load.
(However as Garrett noticed, it will kill interactive performance a bit!)

... JG