Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 1996 20:45:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        erich@lodgenet.com
Cc:        erich@freefall.freebsd.org, CVS-committers@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-all@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-ports@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/games/doom - Imported sources

 * do you have the linuxulator loaded?  `pat' is a linux binary and the
 * kernel is trying to run it as a shell script.  Can I assume that
 * this will be loaded, or should I go through some contortions to
 * check modstat and call /usr/bin/linux if necessary?

I see.  Yes, I would say so.  Or at least print out a message and quit
before it gets there.

I'm not too up to full speed with the Linux emulator stuff, does it
require special things in the kernel (I tried it and it worked on our
machines, but I can't tell if that's generic enough)?  If not, I
suggest you put in a modstat | grep || /usr/bin/linux pipeline.

Satoshi