Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 18:44:57 -0500
From:      "Anil John" <ajohn@cyberforge.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup upgrade procedure question.....

On 28 Jan 97 at 10:14, Doug White wrote:

> You're doing this the hard way.  You're running towards doing a
> 'make world' which I don't think you want to do.
>
> Instead, save your copy of ppp somewhere safe, make and boot the
> 2.1.6 boot floppy, and perform the 'upgrade' procedure.  See below
> for my upgrade checklist.

I take it that when I use 'upgrade', one of the options I am given is
to pull down the src by ftp?  Any idea how long this would take? My
ISP times me out after 3 hours....

Anil

CyberForge Group LLC                * Internet Consulting
E-Mail: ajohn@cyberforge.com        * WWW Publishing
410-597-8139                        * LAN & WAN Integration