Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:45:28 -0600
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make release problems

> In message <199702081451.IAA14011@nexgen.ampr.org>, dkelly@HiWAAY.net writes:
>
> Your CVSROOT isn't set.
>
> Poul-Henning
>
> >I had the great idea I'd try to roll my own release during some idle CPU
> >cycles:
>
> >===> lkm/wcd
> >install -c -o bin -g bin -m 555   wcd_mod.o /usr/release/lkm
> >cd /usr/release/usr && rm -rf src &&  cvs -d  co -P -r 2.2-GAMMA-DMK src
> >cvs: invalid option -- P
> >Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options] [files...]
> >    Where 'cvs-options' are:
> >        -H           Displays Usage information for command

I've gotten to the point I agree that I'm lacking a CVSROOT directory.
Where do I get it, and/or how do I make one?

Have been ftp'ing the CTM archives whenenver I felt the urge to see what's
happening in the development. But after some prompting I finally got CVSup
talking. I trust the files CVSup wrote in /usr/sup are *not* related to the
above need for a CVSROOT directory?

What I think I've learned: "make release" does not build the objects in
/usr/obj, but requires them. The only way I've found to build /usr/obj is
"make world".

I am supposed to "cd /usr/src/release" and type something like:

make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/release RELEASETAG=2.2-GAMMA-DMK
CVSROOT=somewhere?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net