Date:      Sun, 9 Mar 1997 14:38:18 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@mail.tgci.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Checksum error in imap-uw port

I'm attempting to install the UW imap server imap from the ports
collection on 2.1.7-release and am getting a checksum error:

>> Checksum mismatch for imap-4.1.BETA.tar.Z.
Make sure the Makefile and md5 file (/sys/imap-uw/files/md5)
are up to date.  If you want to override this check, type
"make NO_CHECKSUM=yes [other args]".
*** Error code 1

Is this something to be concerned about?  I'm a newbie at
compiling/installing on FreeBSD and would like reassurance, I guess!  :)
 I did the override and am currently setting the system up, but would
like some comment/explanation on it.

tia,

Riley