Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 22:02:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      nsj@ncsu.edu (Nate Johnson)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86/FreeBSD-2.2R Problem

Hello, all.

I've stumbled upon a little bit of a problem with my FreeBSD box.  It seems
that the latest 2.2R doesn't interact as well with XF86/3.2 as well as it
should.

When I'm running X, w reports something similar to the following:
 9:57PM  up 8 mins, 5 users, load averages: 0.22, 0.10, 0.03
USER     TTY FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
nsj      v1  -                 9:49PM     1 xinit /users/nsj/.xinitrc --
nsj      v2  -                 9:51PM     1 -tcsh (tcsh)
nsj      p0  :0.0              9:56PM     - -csh (tcsh)
1            -                31Dec69     7 -
β,3ttyp     2                31Dec69     7 -

Something about my being logged on since before I was born seems a little
wrong. =)

Is this a bug worthy of reporting or something that's already known about?  My
2.2-SNAP box (this one, in fact--about six hours ago) didn't exhibit this
behaviour.

Cheers,
nsj

--
Nate Johnson / nsj@ncsu.edu / nsj@catt.ncsu.edu / nsj@FreeBSD.org
Head Systems Administrator, Computer and Technologies Theme Program