Date:      Sat, 7 Jun 1997 14:49:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Szydlo <aszydlo@maciek.gv.edu.pl>
To:        abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us (Alex Belits)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writing 2D/3D CAD, drawing, OpenGL ...

Hi,

> > My "only" problem is the 2D design tool. None of the drawing tools available
> > for FreeBSD seems to be useful for a starting point to develop it. (however
> > I may be wrong).
> > Writing such editor with no basis and libraries would be too time consuming,
> > almost impossible in our conditions.
> >
> > Do you know of any free or commercial resources that could be useful as
> > a base to develop the editor? Maybe someone is doing similair job and
> > we could join our efforts and share experiencies?
> >

>   xfig ?

Well, what I need is simple if compared to, say, AutoCAD, but it still requiries
lots of CAD capabilities. I considered both xfig and xpaint as basis for the
work. Unfortunately there would still remain some 90% work to be done. I'm
not lazy, but the time is limited.

An alternative is Windows NT ...

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks

Andrzej