Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 1997 01:03:06 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: EISA cards.

Hi,

> About the only card this could affect is the AHA1742 (ahb%d driver).
> Does anybody know if this card uses this feature ?

Peter Wemm was using it in his old dual P5 without problem.  This was
with APIC code that did NOT support the DMA chaining INTs (at least not
thru the 8259 PIC).  The fact is that we have never supported them in the
APIC code and no one has complained so far.  Its just that I am about to go
down a path that makes it "final" and want everyone to be aware.
--
Steve Passe	| powered by