Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 21:13:57 +0400
From:      Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@minas-tirith.lms.ru>
To:        freebsd.org!questions@minas-tirith.lms.ru
Subject:   Appletalk on FreeBSD

Hello!

We're currently running Netware 4 server at our office, mostly as AppleShare. We thinks on using FreeBSD instead, and tried both netatalk and CAS. CAS uses bpf, and thus extremly slow. Netatalk is faster... but it gives 460 kb/sec at best, while Netware gives 600. Does anyine know any faster AppleShare server? Has anyone tried FreeBSD as AppleShare server on heavy loaded network (we're planning to install 100 Mb from server to switch, and ~30 PowerMac's on 10 Mb's)?

Alex.