Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:03:35 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Argh

> I'm going to be offline for a few days, as I've just come back from dinner
> to discover that the office has been broken into.  I'll try to check my
> mail every now & then, but I can't guarantee anything.

Hmm, well.  An update for those few who care.  8)

They took the laptop and my CD player, but left the wart and the floppy
drive behind.  I faxed the local laptop-parts people on Monday, and
Tuesday morning got a call about someone trying to locate said
components.  Fortunately the individual in question must have been
about as thick as two bricks, as they even gave a phone number and
address and confirmed the serial number over the phone.

Anyway, the CIB wandered out Tuesday and nabbed the sod.  He claims he
bought it sometime later the evening it was taken, from "a friend" on
the street.  It doesn't sounds like he's being very helpful.

Anyway, at the end of the day I am now just missing my CD player and
the dongle off the 3c589.  I'm not sure I'll have much luck replacing
that, so it's off to find a new ethernet card I guess.  Oh, and the
laptop is covered in fingerprint dust. *atchoo*

I don't deserve to be this lucky.  8)

mike