Date:      Sun, 12 Oct 1997 03:41:39 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: a nice spectrum analyzer...

Luigi Rizzo scribbled this message on Oct 12:
> Try this out... is a nice spectrum analizer adapted from the "afft"
> program in the AudioFile distribution... it's only 20K so I hope you
> will forgive me if I enclose it in this email...
>
> you need tcl7.5 and a suitable tk for this... standard stuff in 2.2 and
> above...
>
> right now it needs a full-duplex device (WSS clone) but if you delete
> the line which write()s samples in afstubs.c you can use it with a
> soundblaster as well.

well.. I tried it out.. turns out that you included a stray .depend
file.. so you will need to make depend first before it will build,
once you do that it will stop complaining about /usr/local/include/AF/...
or something...

it does look nice.. the only complaint that I have is that there are
5 max peaks at 8k, 4 more at 16k, and then some other smaller ones when
increased to 22k and 32k... any idea on those?  they exist even when
the mic is off.. so I'm thinking it's math errors..

this is VERY kool though.. I like the waterfall mode...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD