Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 03:00:23 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        don@PartsNow.com, perhaps@yes.no, nate@mt.sri.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newest Pentium bug (fatal)

On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 01:53:16AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > As I remember, the prayer experiment was very well prepared. The
> > pray-ees didn't know they were being prayed for, and the pray-er's
> > didn't know who they were praying for, except a first name and a general
> > description of the problem. The groups were statistically equal, and
> > relatively large. If I remember [too many bosses whizzing past FTL,
> > Amancio], there were a total of 400 in the study.
>
> How can you seperate the telepathy theory from the God theory with this
> set up?
>
> The researchers should have lied about the names, or given only number,
> and/or not stated the symptom(s).

This one is GOOD.  I'd have liked them to pray by number, with the
number referencing a random list mapping to names stored in a computer
somewhere, and with about half as many numbers as there were people.

God is allseeing, rigth?  Then the complex mapping should be
inconsequential.

OTOH, I don't claim to know God's mind (if he exists).  He might
refuse to participate in such a complex experiment, thinking it shows
a lack of faith.

Eivind, _not_ attempting to be sarcastic.