Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:06:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   cd problems are realy Adaptec driver problems!

	The problems that I was strugling with thatI thought were ccd problems
	apera to really be problems with the driver for my Adaptec 154x card
	(ah0 device). I am able to crash the system, just by mounting a single
	drive and doing a simle iozone on it! Te version that am runing is 2.2
	STABLE from a few months agao.

	Is this a known problem? Is ther any way I can further diagnose this?
	What happens is that if I run say iozone 610 things will churn away for
	a few mwnutes, andthe first thing I know the computer isrebooting! Is
	there a crash dump fiile or a system log I can look in?
	/var/log/messages does not have anything of interest, and I have not
	managed to catch a message on the console. I took the 3 dsks in
	question and installed them on an HP workstation, created a striped
	array of them, and loaded all the data on them I had been trying under
	FreeBSD. No problems. I would not *think* this could be a bad controler
	card.

	Should I upgrade to 2.2.5? Would this fix the problem?

	Thanks for any input on this.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems