Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 17:48:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      David K Phinney <dphinney@dowco.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Local edits and CVS

Hello,

What's the best method for keeping local edits to FreeBSD source files
across CVSups? I've just added quotas to mail.local (using a db database,
if you're interested). Is there some way I can have any future CVSup
edits to mail.local integrated with my changes without my intervention?

Right now I have it under /usr/src/local/libexec/mail.local/, but I
would have to apply the patches myself if I did a CVSup (and i guess my
/usr/libexec/mail.local would be replaced with the stock one if I did
a `make world').

Any suggestions appreciated! (That *is* why I'm writing...)

--dave
David K. Phinney
Systems/Network Manager                                 (604) 606-5728
dowco.com internet                                      dave@dowco.com