Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 15:23:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        karl@mcs.net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New kernel code committed

Karl Denninger said:

> Do you know if this breaks my "back-out" nfs_bio.c use of v1.41, or if the
> problems in NFS themselves would be fixed or helped by this?

It should be okay, at least as good as it used to be.  It is going to be
much easier to fix various problems with filesystems now.  We are now
almost 100% compatible with the original 4.4Lite(and Lite/2) code, if
the vm system hacks for the MACH VM code are removed.

We are much closer to a coherent design than either the original code,
or our code in 2.2.X.  Hindsight is 20/20, and I am disappointed that
I didn't do it this new way to begin with.