Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:49:50 PST
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <virtmatrix@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    EMERGENCY! Need help! Disk Data Lost !

EMERGENCY! Need help! Disk Data Lost! Help! Help! Help! SOS! SOS! SOS!

                 Hello from Russia !
  We are ISP and one of our server suffered a crush today. One of its
disks lost it partition table (slices that is) and the labels (file
system labels or is it correctly called partitions).
         The main question:
 Is there a utility, which could exctract data file-by-file from a disk
w/o partition and labels? And if there is no, what can I do?
Of course, some of the data can be exctracted using disk editor (Norton
Utilities), but there is no way to exctract a whole directory
tree.
  Please, HELP !!!

  Artem A. Koutchine
  VirtMatrix@hotmail.com