Date:      Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:25:56 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, cracauer@cons.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make/SIGINT (Re: cvs commit: src/bin/sh jobs.c)

>What about the appended fix for make? It seems to fix the problem for
>the non-compat mode of make. As our make is in compat mode by default
>even if -B is not given, people would have to use `make -j 1` for now
>to test it.

I found another problem: time(1) has much the same problem as make(1)
has without these changes:

	#!/bin/sh
	make foo
	make bar

the whole script is killed by ^C delivered during `make bar' (since
our modified `make' kills itself with a SIGINT and our modified sh
handles this specially although it does not let itself be killed
directly).

	#!/bin/sh
	time make foo
	echo $?
	time make bar
	echo $?

Now `time' exits normally with status 1, so our modified sh continues.

#!/bin/bash gives the same behaviour.

My old POSIX.2 docs don't specify time(1).

Bruce