Date:      Mon, 6 Apr 1998 22:47:31 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: could you please update ucd-snmp from 3.2 to 3.3.1 ?

On Mon, Apr 06, 1998 at 08:46:07PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> > After applying the diffs for -current (interfaces.c) it compiles
> > and runs, but not stable.
> >

> Ok, here is my patches again, reworked to fit in the port structure.
> I haven't included the diff for configure, because that gets too
> big, but rather opted to make it depend on autoconf.
>
> There is two attachments. The first is a patch to the port Makefile,
> to add the dependency to autoconf and the second is the patches
> needed. You can just call it patch-aa in the patches directory. I
> have compiled it on -stable and on -current and tried it on -current
> and did a snmpwalk. I got no errors in /var/log/snmpd.log and the
> returned values seems reasonable.

Still have the problem, that tkined doesn't get response and
that snmp is filled up, it starts this way ...

1998-04-06 22:35:16 UCD-SNMP version 3.3.1
Opening port(s): 161
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
system.sysORLastChange.0 --  OID Doesn't exist
klookup(3, 0xefbfbf60, 96): klread: Bad address
TCP_Count_Connections - inpcb: Bad address
klookup(3, 0xefbfbf60, 96): klread: Bad address
TCP_Count_Connections - inpcb: Bad address
klookup(3, 0xefbfbf60, 96): klread: Bad address
TCP_Count_Connections - inpcb: Bad address
klookup(3, 0xefbfbf60, 96): klread: Bad address
TCP_Count_Connections - inpcb: Bad address
and an endless loop ...

It might be current or SNMP related ...  but I'll commit it
for stable it runs perfectly and that counts.

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                             http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
What gives you 90% more speed for example in kernel compilation ?