Date:      Sun, 31 May 1998 02:58:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kent A Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   kernel config

  Do the -current kernels have a way to automatically enter a few configuration
commands on startup?  At the moment whenever I install a new kernel I must
type these lines at the kernel config prompt:

pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port1 0x330 port2 0x388
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x208
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

  to enable the soundcard.  I have tried to put these lines in /kernel.config
but that did not seem to change anything.  The file kernel.config
does not seem to be documentated anywhere that I could find so perhaps
I am using the wrong syntex.

  I assume that the this functionality is available since typing these
commands get really old :)

  Thanks.