Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 10:51:18 +0200
From:      "Christoph Prevezanos" <Christoph.Prevezanos@post.uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sendmail Problem

Hello all!

I just setup my first fbsd-box (2.2.2) and it works fine .... execpt sendmail.
I named my box "ripley.prevezanos.com" in the /etc/rc.conf file and the name is shown at startup.
The rest is left default the way setup build them.

When I send mail to "user" or to "user@localhost" mail arrives.
If I send to "user@ripley" or "user@ripley.prevezanos.com" the mail never arrives.

Is there something I have to configure? Maybe in "/etc/hosts" oder in "sendmail.cf"?
I think my box or sendmail does not know what to do with the mail and tries to send it away into cyberspace.

Please help me....
Thanks,

Christoph Prevezanos, Germany