Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:41:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        jher <jher@io.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/6858: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.

<<On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 16:00:14 -0500, jher <jher@io.com> said:

> 	What I have found out is this.  When expire runs it grows to around
> 230M in size.  Testing with ssh and telnet, both begin to fail when 62M of
> Swap is allocated in top.  ssh reports the following debug message:

You're probably suffering from the same cause as the ``daemons dying''
bug which causes cron on my news server to wet itself after a
particularly heavy news burst has caused the machine to run out of
memory.  This bug was definitely present as early as April 1st and as
late as June 1st (the last two dates I've tried to run).

-GAWollman