Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 06:04:54 +1000
From:      "Gary Harris" <gharris@wr.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Win 95 install

> > 2.1 compat dist could not be found. Is this required for X? I found
> > nothing that says so.
>
> No, you just missed the compat21/ directory.

    What do you mean, missed? I didn't get it. Nothing that I read say that I need it for a flat 2.2.6 install.

> > - When I had a working install, the mouse config would not work. I tried
> > every combination of driver and port in the options menu but could not
> > even see the cursor. It was only visible whilst holding down a key and
> > cycling the screens.
>
> Did you enable moused?  If you did then the X default mouse, SysMouse,
> should work.

    I'm referring to within sysinstall. X isn't installed, it won't play ball. See post elsewhere. I know it wont work
using the shell but I should be able to configure it. See post re: missing siox's also. This could be the problem as
it's a serial mouse?

        Cheers,

             Gary.

   Gary Harris