Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:02:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hw@thor.net1.lan (Henning Wickhorst)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't log out correctly

Hi,

I have now upgraded to 2.2.6. Everything runs fine except one
small problem.

I start X11 from the console (startx). That brings up the X system,
fvwm and an xterm. Now i'm logged in twice, from the console and from
X11. 'who' and 'w' are reporting that. So far, so good.
But when i log out from the xterm and shut down the X server, i am
still logged in twice.

If i would have opened fife xterms at the same time, then log out from
each, and then shut down X11, i'm still logged in six times.
I would expect to be logged in only once from the console.

I haven't had that behavior while running 2.2.1.

Normaly i use the S3V server, for testing i tried the SVGA, but it has
the same behavior. I think it doesn't matter which kind of server i'm
running.

Has anyone an idea what could be wrong or badly configurated ?

Thanks,
Henning