Date:      Thu, 2 Jul 1998 01:32:14 +0900 (JST)
From:      Tetsuji Rai <tetsuji@MailAndNews.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   iij-ppp stops suddenly

Hi,

  I'm using 2.2.6R and iij-ppp on it to connect to my provider.   In most
cases it works fine, but sometimes (or often) stops.   When it happens,
output is working fine(LED on the modem blinks), however input doesn't
blocked (ie, LED(receive) on the modem doesn't blink at all).   ping
doesn't work either (it cannot resolve the name of the site.  If IP
number is given, ping only output packets, and receives no data)
It is impossible to know when it happens, so it is very difficult to
find the reason.   Any help would be appreciated.

  I'm using US Robotics Sportster 28.8kbps.  486DX2-66 machine.
  Here is short quote from my ppp.conf.
------------
default:
 set log CCP   <--- added to find problem
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200

Pcnet
 set phone 39058123