Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 19:52:16 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>, committers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security and other facilities at WC CDROM - the plan.

On Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 10:27:29PM +0200, Mark Murray wrote:
>    a) Those users who use ssh and have set up a no-password login
>       will continue to enjoy that facility.

I figure this isn't me. This is one of those occasions where the ports
system makes things too damn easy :-)

When I got my freefall account, I mailed (Jordan I think) my prefered
password, crypted and ready to drop into /etc/passwd.

Then I

    cd /usr/ports/security/ssh
    make install

Ever since then I've used ssh to get to freefall (and wcarchive). Each
time I get prompted for the password I set up earlier.

Is this about to change then? Or am I missing something fundamental?

PS: Of course, that 'something fundamental' is probably a good dose of RTFM.
--
	    C.R.F. Consulting -- we're run to make me richer. . .