Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 1998 00:45:37 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0-R on a amd386dx/40

well, I had a friend that was going to upgrade his 2.2.1 machine to
3.0-R...  but we ran into a slight problem,  almost all the utils will
segfault of bus error out upon running...  this includes running newfs
from 3.0-R under 2.2.1...

so, has anyone tested out 3.0-R on a 386?

most of the utils fail out... fsck barfs just after displaying the
word free when it's outputing stats, df fails just as it's about to
print the first file system...

he is willing to do testing to get 3.0-R running on his system if
people are willing to help track down the problem...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 683 6908
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for