Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 1998 22:05:00 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Subject:   Re: ECGS ...

> I'm generally the last person to complain about a particular port, but why
> is there a development version of EGCS 2.x in the ports, but not stable
> version? :(

Because the development version in the tree was felt to be more stable
than 1.1b.  As tested by me and a rather hairy C++ project by jdp.

If you can tell me a newer SNAP that would be stable for you, I'll be
more than happy to upgrade the port.  I don't want to see two versions of
EGCS in the ports collection.  I want the one I maintain to be as stable
as possible.  (and at times that's asking a lot)

> assuming that at one time there was a 1.1 stable port of EGCS, any way of
> getting that un-earthed and put into ports beside the development/snapshot
> version?

Nope, not by me.  Lets find a newer SNAP that works for you.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)