Date:      Thu, 26 Nov 1998 19:03:50 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        eddy@isi.edu, Paolo Di Francesco <paipai@tin.it>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What we need

On Tue, Nov 17, 1998 at 12:06:50PM -0800, eddy@isi.edu wrote:
> A previous email mentioned the avenue of getting freebsd userland
> running on a sparc/netbsd kernel.  would this be a significant
> benifiet?   if so, i can spend some time doing this.

I believe it would be of significant benefit, yes.  It would allow the
FreeBSD kernel porters to have a pre-made set of binaries to test
with, and would allow parts of the porting to progress in parallel.
It probably isn't as much work now as it was for the Alpha port - most
of the bogons should be out, and we have already built under NetBSD on
a 64-bit platform once.

Eivind.