Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 10:57:20 +0100
From:      synker <synker@sanyusan.se>
To:        Robert Nordier <rnordier@nordier.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Update bootblocks with dedicated disks?

Maybe I could also ask if it recommended to use 'dangerously dedicated' disks
on a FreeBSD server or not.

Some ppl in both freebsd mailinglista and in news said that it is not
recommended to use the 'dangerrously dedicated' disks since there have been
some reported trouble with those? Anybody know of what kind of trouble?

And if I should use 'standard' disks with slices instead how can I get FreeBSD
to boot? Last time I tried this 'BootEasy' popped up after reboot and showed:

F1: BSD
F2: ????  or something...

Since FreeBSd is the only OS on my boxes I couldnt boot by pressing F1. I had
to use a floppy and type in the kernel location by hand at the boot prompt.

Best regards,

===
synker
- synker@sanyusan.se