Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 06:16:42 -0800
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   possible problem with new boot loader ?

Not sure if I am just to stupid or if this is a bug. My system has
2 IDE drives and then several SCSI drives. FreeBSD is on the first
scsi drive, so da0. Root is da0s1a. Bios sees the drive as the 3.

When the new boot loader comes up with no /boot.config, it prints
2:da(2,a)/boot/loader, which isn't right, as it should be 2:da(0,a).
If I now press a key and enter 2:da(0,a), it complains it can't find
/boot/loader. Entering 2:da(0,a)/kernel works fine and that is
what i have now in my boot.conf.

Could this be a bug or not?

--
Regards, Ulf.