Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:06:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Mathias Picker <mathiasp@virtual-earth.de>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   oas fail under smp, work without

--0-1804289383-921168375=:3240

I just installed Oracle/Linux and the oracle web application server on
a brand new dual PII running -stable from 1999-03-09 on an asus p2b-ds
motherboard with 512MB.

With the help of Marcel Moolenaar and his infos and linux-base and
-devel pkg at http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~mhmoolen/ this was relatively
easy.

One problem remained for both of us: the server would not execute the
oracle plsql cartridge, only giving back "not found" errors.

Then Marcel tried running it without smp-support in the kernel and
voila - it worked.

The oracle web application server uses _lots_ of processes, and I guess
some inter-process communication won't work in an smp enviroment.

How can I start to debug this? Where to look? I'm not a kernel hacker,
this is my first smp system, but I really want to try.

Everything else seems to work in an smp-enviroment, connection to the
database, remote connection via ip, the webserver as webserver,
configuring the webserver via it's html administration interface,
starting and stopping web listeners etc, only calling cartridges did
not work.

Thanks, Mathias

--

  Mathias Picker

Consultant Information Architecture

  Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
              +49 172 / 89 19 381

--0-1804289383-921168375=:3240

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3ia

iQCVAwUBNufp8azvoSjVwVSdAQFAEQQAxWZXRYJGwhbXdFKPDpQIjN8+QuC8DTrt
jb095RnWwGCs4o3/OzzPlTZkAtizr9ZKrPClsynflhZlK5CI7kRPAyv8NWnu5oB2
C9vRR6Ip4eFK1kcJ2E5mk+hCv+N34JNlMf3ex1Oh4UbQlpiyShRrU5ubYou93Ngo
ghauwf4L2ZM=
=ir7S
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--0-1804289383-921168375=:3240--