Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 02:46:32 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Travis Ruthenburg <travis@trickster.net>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>, Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, de-bsd-chat@DE.FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 SMP outperforms SuSE 6.0 SMP by factor 2.3 !!!

On Sun, Mar 14, 1999 at 07:54:06PM -0500, Travis Ruthenburg wrote:
> On 3/14/99 8:09 PM, Andreas Klemm (andreas@klemm.gtn.com) uttered:
>
> >No, have no such system up and running. 3.1 is -STABLE now, 2.x is
> >not supported anymore. And ... 2.x doesn't have SMP...
>
> I think he meant the 2.2 Linux kernel.

Ah .. didn't had time for that, but would be interesting....

On the other hand SuSE Linux comes as supported system with
the kernel from which SuSE says ... this is stable and the
only kernel we support ...

If I run a webserver farm or something like this and buy
supprot from SUSE, then I'd get this system as it is ...
but not a hacker system with a hacker kernel ...

So I wanted to compare FreeBSD-STABLE with Linux-STABLE...

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
News :  FreeBSD 3.1 SMP outperforms SuSE Linux 6.0 SMP by 230% !!!