Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:32:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      mperry@george.lbl.gov
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel config to support sound card

Hi All,
I installed an "AW35 Pro" sound card on my PC (running
freeBSD 2.2.7) -- reason for this card is that I'm also
running Windows on another partition and I was advised
this card is supported by Win 95/NT and freeBSD.

So, I edited /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/MYKERNEL so that MYKERNEL
includes two entries:

	device snd0
	device pcm0 at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr

(The second line was given to me by my boss who says it works).
When I do the "make" to build the kernel,  I get a bunch of multiple
error messages like the following:

	dmabuf.o: Definition of symbol '__dsp_rdstart' (multiply defined)
	dmabuf.o: Definition of symbol '__snd_flush' (multiply defined)
	Error STOP ....

I comment out the "pcm0...." entry and all is ok.  So my
question is:  what is the correct device entry or entries for
the AW35 Pro sound card?

Thanks,
Marcia