Date:      Sat, 27 Mar 1999 23:14:20 -0500
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Araceli Sosa Espinosa <asosa@webwizard.com.mx>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bt848 Image Capture Tool -- Anyone? (was: Help!!)

Araceli Sosa Espinosa:
 |Hi Randall..

Hi!

 |my name's Araceli... I'm new in freebsd and I have a problem...
 |I'll used fxtv to capture the photos for a gym, so I need save this
 |photos in an specific directory with a specific name (the name is a
 |number that I make), so I want to run fxtv from a browser after a
 |consult the number of membership and I want to pass the number (for the
 |name of the image) and the path (where to save the image) to fxtv...
 |How I can do it? Can you help me please?

I'm sorry, but Fxtv doesn't support this.  Fxtv is an interactive program
so the only way to specify the filename is via the GUI (that is, through
the text field key-in using the keyboard).

It sounds like you need a batch (command-line) utility that just captures
a single frame to the filename specified on the command-line.

Though I don't have anything like this lying around, I'm sure that some of
the folks that have their TV cards hooked up to web pages probably do.  So
I'm Ccing the FreeBSD multimedia mailing list so the appropriate folks can
reply to you if they do.

There might be something like this linked off the Bt848 home page, which is
here:

    http://gable.nrl.cs.uoregon.edu/~dwhite/

However, it appears Doug is having permission problems today :-)

Also if you want to sign up for the FreeBSD Multimedia e-mailing list, just
mail majordomo@freebsd.org and put "subscribe multimedia" in the subject line.

 |P.D. Sorry by my english, it's terrible  :-)

Actually it's pretty good.  I had no trouble understanding exactly what you
were looking for :-)

Randall